November 17, 2008

The Countdown Begins

Some of you think I've dropped off the face of the earth. You call, and I don't answer. You e-mail and it takes me days to reply (very unlike me). I assure you that I am here and that I am well. Just busy and wanting to focus on what is happening. It's so big to us! It is the biggest life change of our lives so far.

So...here we are! It's the week of the wedding and there are only 5 days before the BIG day. We had the whole weekend free, for the most part, to run errands and take care of stuff, but we really didn't have that much to do. We have planned pretty well up to this point.

So, the family comes in on Wednesday night. Very exciting! I have multiple jobs for them that include either a glue gun, running an errand or helping me with my daily stuff. I have complete confidence that we can get it all done easily and with peace and calm. That is atypical for the week of the wedding, I think! My family is so great to do this for me!

I went to tan this weekend for the first time in...I don't know, 10-11 years. I have these stark tan lines from my bathing suit this summer that do not match my wedding dress lines. I should have started a month ago if I wanted this to be effective, but hind sight, right? So, the result? Well, I am burned in places I've never been burned before. It hurts! I so hope it tans over soon and doesn't peel!!! AH!

Who cares, really though? Paul doesn't. He wouldn't care if I was shedding like a snake. It's going to be a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, we started the countdown as soon as the date was set. :-)
We're so excited for you guys! Have a blessed week, dear friend!

Treats by Trish said...

I am glad you are enjoying every minute! Peace and calm - such a nice combination! I can't wait to see the pictures of you having the time of your life - yeah Tamra!!

Dimple Queen said...

Tamra, I have been a bit AWOL from the blogging world myself and hadn't been here in a long while to see how things were going. I just spent some time checking up and let me say that I should have had fair warning before reading the post about how you and Paul told the kids. I am in my classroom right now and I could not stop the tears!!!!! OH my...

GOD is SO wonderful! I am SO thrilled that he is teaching B these things at such a young age. I see Him working in my 6 yr. old every day and I PRAISE Him for it too!

God bless you all. I will remeber you all this week!

Angie (DQ)

Unknown said...

I am so thinking of you! I hope this week goes smoothly, but honestly, even if there are little bumps along the way, who cares! You'll be married come Saturday! To the greatest guy ever, right? (to you, that is...because mine is to me, you know!) I'll pray for health and peace this week and the next!

Louisiana Belle said...

Yeah! So excited for your big day- and eager to see pictures! Praying for you. It's going to be great!